There are five steps involved in a systematic review:
- Formulating your question.
- Searching for studies.
- Assessing the quality of the studies.
- Summarising the evidence.
- Interpreting the findings.
This tutorial will guide you through the steps required to translate your question into a successful search query to enable you to search systematically for studies.
It will help you:
- to develop your search terms, define your inclusion / exclusion criteria, and create a search strategy,
- and identify and effectively search appropriate databases, and manage your search results.