DRM Lite is an electronic delivery method that allows the British Library to supply secure, encrypted documents and ensures that the items are used in accordance with copyright law. In order to access your inter-library loan documents you will need:
- A British Library On Demand username and password
- Adobe Reader version X or later installed on your computer
How do I register for British Library On Demand?
Registration is free and once you have set up your account the first time you can login with your username and password from any device in order to access your document.
- Fill in the required details on the Registration Page. (Please note: registration is required even if you already a hold a British Library Reader Pass)
- Ensure all mandatory fields are completed then click the ‘register’ button. After this you will receive an email with a link to click in order to verify your account.
We recommend setting up your British Library On Demand account as soon as you submit your first document request to us, so that you will be ready to access it as soon as it arrives.
First time users only: please allow 10 minutes between verifying your account and attempting to download your first article.
You will still need to submit your request via the University of Exeter library. The British Library registration is required so that you can open the article once it has been sent to you.
How do I obtain Adobe Reader?
- Adobe Reader for Windows or Mac is available as a free download from the Adobe Website. If you already have the software but a version older than X there should be an option to upgrade.
- The software should already be available on campus PCs but if you have any difficulty accessing it please contact SID for support.